Flexible and profitable operation that involves working closely with young children, and what is more setting up a Teddy Soccer operation is very inexpensive!
About Teddy Soccer franchises
We will start marketing Teddy Soccer Franchises in Spring 2019…. and when we do it can either be run to complement an existing business from a dedicated premise such as a sport, Soccer or leisure club or it can be run from a home office and be delivered in a designated territory, to pre-schools, nurseries, kindergartens, sports clubs and public Soccer courts. Kuwait City, Oman and Cairo…. and the numbers are growing.
Watch our short video about the business benefits of running a Teddy Teddy franchise, the sister programme to Teddy Soccer.
Do I need to be a qualified Soccer coach to operate a Teddy Soccer franchise?
No you do not. As it happens most Teddy Soccer Franchisees are qualified Soccer coaches but we also have some successful franchise operations that are run by entrepreneurs who previously had no Soccer coaching qualifications.
Do I need to have access to Soccer court(s) to run a Teddy Soccer Franchise?
No you do not. Teddy Soccer can be taught anywhere, inside or outside. The most important requirement is that the surface of the playing space is suitable for the balls to bounce evenly.
There are lots of children’s franchise programs on the market, what are the Unique Selling Points (USP’s) of Teddy Soccer?
Teddy Soccer has many USPs but the top four are:
- Teddy Soccer Music: There are currently over 40 Teddy Soccer songs in the Teddy Soccer music catalogue; each song has been specifically written for a particular Teddy Soccer Activity and provides the right rhythm and timing for doing the activity; the words of the song tell the children what to do. No other children’s franchise programs has developed such a focused or extensive range of music to accompany their programs.
- Teddy Soccer Pictures: every Teddy Soccer Activity, of which there are currently over 50, is taught using pictures of teddy bears playing Teddy Soccer; this simple, interactive approach to teaching young children works brilliantly.
- The Teddy Soccer Coaches Manual: its unique, its comprehensive, it’s educational, it’s engaging, there is noting like it on the market and best of all young children love it. There is also an on – line version of the Teddy Soccer Coaches Manual (the Teddy Soccer Tablet) coming out late 2014/early 2015.
- Teddy Soccer’ teaching system follows a curriculum and has been developed using the Visual Auditory Kinesthetic (VAK) accelerated learning style.
How long has Teddy Soccer been operating?
The company was set up in 2002 when Richard Bean, one of the co-founders came up with the idea of using music to inspire children to learn to play Soccer. Over the next few years the concept developed to include using pictures too and a further three years were spent developing the Teddy Soccer Coaches Manual and writing and recording the first Teddy Soccer set of songs. In 2010 the very first Teddy Soccer Coaches Manual was published and in 2011 the very first Teddy Soccer Franchise was sold. Today there are over 50 Teddy Soccer Franchises operating worldwide.
Why should I open a Teddy Soccer franchise instead of trying it on my own?
Teddy Soccer is proven and works, brilliantly. To set up something remotely similar of your own is doable but it would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, take several years to complete and by then Teddy Soccer will have been further developed to make it even better still.
What makes a successful Teddy Soccer Franchisee?
There are four characteristics that make a Teddy Soccer Franchisee successful:
- Integrity: i .e. commit to doing what you say you will do!
- Drive: i.e. to make your Teddy Soccer Franchise happen, it won’t do it on its own!
- Time: i.e. time to devote to selling, marketing, managing and delivering Teddy Soccer in your territory or at your club.
- Passion: a passion for working with young children
What are the costs for setting up a Teddy Soccer Franchise?
There are four costs that you will need to cover in order to set up a Teddy Soccer Franchise or License
- Franchise fees vary based on the size of your franchise territory or if you decide just to license one location.
- There is a onetime training fee. This amount varies based upon the number of Coaches being trained and any travel/accommodation expenses.
- Equipment: you will need at least one set of Teddy Soccer equipment which includes the training manual, music, racquets, balls, net and other Teddy Soccer branded items. This cost can vary based on the number of locations.
- Royalty Fees: the royalty fee is set at 10% of your gross revenue and is paid monthly, quarterly or at specified dates throughout the year in arrears.
Do you provide financing?
The set up costs for running a Teddy Soccer Franchise are very reasonable however should you require some assistance in this area then we can set up a monthly payment option on the Franchise Fees.
Is the Teddy Soccer business seasonal?
Yes and no; Teddy Soccer is a year round business (particularly in nurseries and pre-schools) but it’s popularity does go up in the Spring and Summer which are very definitely the peak periods.
What is the normal size of a Teddy Soccer Franchise operation?
A typical Teddy Soccer territory covers a population base of 200,000 people +/- 10%. The geographic size in terms of area can vary enormously.
How long does it take for a typical Teddy Soccer Franchisee to start making some money?
A Teddy Soccer franchise will make some money when they receive payment for their first Teddy Soccer lesson however it will take a little time for a Teddy Soccer franchisee to establish a sustainable, profitable business; typically this is between 6 to 9 months.
Are there any limitations to how big I could make my Teddy Soccer franchise
The only limitation you have to expanding your franchise is when you reach 100% saturation level of children aged 2½ to 6 learning Teddy Soccer in your area. To achieve anything close to this you will need to recruit a team of coaches to help you deliver the Teddy Soccer lessons. You can of course expand you business by opting to purchase more Teddy Soccer territories.
What support does Teddy Soccer provide to its Franchises?
We provide an extensive level of support to help your franchise as our success is based upon you being successful.
We provide 5 types of support:
- Music, pictures, story book and products.
- Training and coaches manual.
- Business Development: we require all franchisees to have monthly conference calls with Teddy Soccer to discuss the development and expansion of their business and offer mentoring and advice as and when it is needed.
- Marketing: good marketing is critical for the success of your franchise. Teddy Soccer provides franchisees with a wide range of marketing material that has been designed to be customized so as to meet your specific needs… and if we don’t have want you need, we will create new marketing artwork that will deliver what you require as part of the service.
- Coaching and Assessment: we are continually developing new activities, songs and lesson plans and to keep you abreast of what is new we provide franchisees wi th one on one Skype calls (and where possible face to face meetings) with the creator of the activi ti es and music, Head Ted Senior (alias Richard Bean). These calls and meetings happen as and when requested by our franchisees.
How do you deliver training for new Teddy Soccer Franchisees?
Training is very important, even to well qualified Soccer coaches as the teaching system that is used in Teddy Soccer is quiet different from conventional Soccer coaching. There are two methods to be trained to become a Teddy Soccer Coach:
- Attend a Teddy Soccer Training Course: Teddy Soccer training courses are periodically held at designated centers in different geographic locations.
- Have Teddy Soccer Trainers Deliver training at Your Location: If you have several coaches to be trained, it may be more economical to arrange to have Teddy Soccer Trainers deliver Teddy Soccer training at your location.
What plans do you have to further develop Teddy Soccer?
It is our intention to keep Teddy Soccer fresh, vibrant and new, hence we are continually writing new songs, creating new activities drawing new pictures and revising and developing new lesson plans: so you can expect to see a continual on – going evolution of Teddy Soccer.
How soon can I get a Teddy Soccer franchise up and running once I have signed the franchise agreement ?
This can happen very quickly a fter you have signed the Franchise Agreement. Once you have signed the proposal, we need to organize your training and order your initial equipment. After your training we provide you with access to all the Teddy Soccer Marketing material. After all the requirements are completed you will need to start marketing and plan for your initial complementary trial lessons and scheduling your initial set of lesson: this whole process can be done in less than 1 month.
Can I speak to an existing franchisee to get their input on the program?
Yes, we very much encourage potential franchisees to not only speak to existing franchisees, but to see them delivering the program too.
Where can I get more information about Teddy Soccer?
There are two key sources of further information about Teddy Soccer:
- The Teddy Soccer Website: www.teddySoccer.com
- YouTube: There are a large number of Teddy Soccer videos on YouTube: go to www.youtube.com and put Teddy Soccer in the search box and you will find them.
What are the next steps for me to set up a Teddy Soccer franchise?
There are several steps we need to go through… but it is much less complicated than it may appear :
- You submit to us a Teddy Soccer Franchise Application Form, available online at www.teddySoccer.com.
- You then need to do some local market research and find suitable locations to deliver Teddy Soccer including nurseries and pre-school.
- We need to have an initial conversation with you to discuss the opportunity and the location where you propose to deliver Teddy Soccer.
- You will need to submit a detailed business plan. We are happy to assist in developing your business plan with you.
- We negotiate terms and send you a Teddy Soccer Proposal and a Teddy Soccer Franchise Disclosure document.
- You schedule your Teddy Soccer training and order your Teddy Tenn is equipment.
- We send you the Teddy Soccer Legal Agreement, you sign it and return it to us together with your Franchise fee…. you are then an official Teddy Soccer Franchisee.